Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer – Hastings Direct
Are you passionate about System Infrastructure, engineering and design? Then come and join Hastings Direct, we are a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider.
In light of our continued growth, we are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer where you will hold an important position working on our strategic infrastructure projects, the development and continuous evolution of our infrastructure platforms through the design, implementation and 3rd line support.
Being the technical lead for the required technologies, delivering large complex IT Infrastructure projects to optimize our services. As Senior Systems Engineer, you will also contribute to the overall success of the Infrastructure function, providing recommendations and key insights to support the continuous improvement of our IT infrastructure capabilities.
You will be instrumental in the decision making to support any operational situations, applying experience and knowledge within our systems arena, with a technical hands on attitude to increase the capabilities of our IT Infrastructure.
This role is based in our Bexhill head office, down by the sea on the South Coast.
About the role
- To maintain a responsive, robust server, networking (WAN and LAN), messaging and storage infrastructure alongside supporting Application and Development teams
- Apply incident and problem resolution, as defined by service and operating level agreements (where applicable) governed by an ITIL-based approach.
- To diagnose and resolve third level technical issues relating to the network and security infrastructure.
- To ensure the availability and security of the company network due to adequate security systems and pro-active monitoring.
- To deal with technology suppliers in regards to technical consultancy, problem resolution, deliveries of equipment, returns / repairs of equipment and contractual obligations.
- To undertake assigned projects and see such projects through to completion in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- To work closely with stakeholders to ensure that delivered systems are both technically sustainable and meet the business need.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act and at all times.
- Significant experience of SME hands-on knowledge in system engineering, design and 3rd line support and virtualisation technologies including VMware Enterprise platform.
- Significant experience in design, implementation and support of enterprise data centres
- Expert hands-on experience of MS Exchange 2007 and above including configuration, implementation, optimisation and administration including systems management and capacity planning
- Solid experience of managed infrastructure services and cloud based technologies, including integrating cloud computing models e.g. IaaS, PaaS and SaaS to create hybrid architecture
- Proven expert knowledge of Microsoft AD, IIS, DNS, ADFS, LDAP, PKI infrastructures and security best practices
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Proven track record of working within a regulated environment
What will you get in return?
Working with Hastings Direct, means you can bring “yourself” to work and be a part of our growth and success. Working alongside our experienced IT Leadership team in a vibrant, fun and friendly environment!
In return you will receive a competitive starting salary, a £5K car allowance, an end of year bonus potential (up to 10% of salary), 27 days holiday + bank holidays alongside a great company pension scheme.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.